Managing your public cloud adoption
Microsoft Azure is a growing collection of cloud services for building, testing, deploying, and managing applications and services. It provides software, platform and infrastructure ‘as a service’. It is more flexible, scalable and cost-effective than traditional IT models and lets you add capacity or capabilities rapidly without investing in additional physical infrastructure.
It is the leading public cloud platform and is ideal for organisations with standard, mass access, non-critical applications requiring flexibility. What makes it an effective service?
- You can deploy anywhere with your choice of tools
Choose how you deploy Azure—connecting cloud and on-premises with hybrid cloud capabilities for maximum portability and value from your existing investments.
- You can build your apps, your way
Because Azure supports a range of operating systems, programming languages, frameworks, databases and devices you can use the tools and tech you know and trust.
- You can connect on-premises data and apps
Azure offers hybrid consistency everywhere: in application development, management and security, identity management, and across the data platform.
- You can extend the cloud on-premises
Extend Azure to your datacentre and build innovative hybrid apps across the cloud and on-premises. Use the same APIs, DevOps tools, portal, and Marketplace content.
We can support your business through cloud adoption
Our experience suggests it’s not just the functionality of the cloud that will deliver the return on investment and the potential benefits you require. What’s crucial is how the solution is designed and implemented, how migration is managed and how users are supported post set-up.
We are cloud design, connection, migration and management experts
Embracing the cloud can be more challenging than you may first think. Even the largest, best resourced organisations need support now and then. If you don’t have the time or resources then work with a partner who has done it all before. A partner who can help you realise the full benefits of the technology and has a proven methodology to manoeuvre you successfully through the adoption challenges.
We work with our clients to create a cloud roadmap that maximises value to their organisation and enables them to build and manage an infrastructure that makes their business truly agile. Acora can help support you in four ways:
- Market leading public cloud provider
- Software, platform and infrastructure ‘As a service’
- Flexible, reliable, scalable, secure
- Pay per use commercial model
- Consider the migrate and manage issues
Design your cloud
We start by understanding your existing IT model and develop a cloud strategy with you.
Issues to discuss
- Which are the right applications to move to the cloud?
- Which cloud is the right one and how much cloud do you really need?
- What are the security, regulatory or compliance issues?
- What should be your diversity/back-up plan?
- How do you plan to secure your cloud?
Connect to your cloud
Your applications now need to be accessed by your users and customers remotely in the cloud.
Issues to discuss
- Internet, dedicated or private cloud provider specific connections?
- How much capacity is needed?
- Will your existing network be enough?
- What is your back-up plan?
- Interoperability plan between on-premise and cloud environments?
Migrate to your cloud
With the correct design, we move onto planning and supporting your migration to the cloud.
Issues to discuss
- Which applications to move first?
- Redesign and optimise before migration?
- Parallel working required?
- Test plan model design?
- Use of migration software?
Manage your cloud
The cloud doesn’t run itself. Your users still need support. Your cloud needs to be maintained and enhanced.
Issues to discuss
- How do you want to maintain your cloud?
- How do you plan to manage upgrades/patches/maintenance etc?
- How will you support database migration and then administration?
- How to manage and monitor the new platform and application 24/7?
- Do you have the time, skills and knowledge it to manage it yourself?
Cloud design and management experts
Legacy migration expertise
Dual 24/7 UK-based operations centres
Strong pedigree ( 250+ clients, 200+ employees)
Through Acora we found a partner who could not only design and build our cloud platform in Azure, but also provide ongoing support of our environment. We now have a fully scalable, modern IT platform which enables us to focus on achieving further international expansion.
Frank Recruitment Group
We had no hesitation in extending our partnership with Acora for a further five years, trusting them to modernise our IT platform by leveraging Microsoft Azure and at the same time ensure the day to day running of our IT operation on a European wide basis.
Alpha Trains Group
Sign up for a Microsoft Azure workshop
Acora can help you create a plan to design, migrate and manage your cloud. Hear from our cloud experts about how Azure can create a flexible, resilient infrastructure that is easy to manage and easy to scale.
Location: Client site or Acora facility
Duration: 3-4 hours (30 min pre-call for client overview)
- Business challenges and opportunities
- Current productivity, collaboration & security models
- Azure transformation targets
- Azure functionality
- Current cost review