SharePoint is a secure place for you to store, organise, share, and access information from almost any device. It allows for seamless collaboration, document storage and retrieval, intelligence and insights underpinned by enterprise-grade security and compliance.
It makes it easy for you and your team to create, develop and manage documents, regardless of where you are working from. Collaboration is made simple, you have the option to co-author, compare files and interact online, fostering clear communication between your colleagues and clients.
If you are working as part of a team on a project, or simply a document that needs input from other stakeholders, SharePoint creates a place that encourages individuals to come together and share data.
Key Sharepoint Features
Common uses of SharePoint are:
- As a company intranet – sharing internal information and announcements.
- For team sites – this is where everyone you work with, both inside and outside your organisation, comes together in real time to get work done – creating and sharing content.
- For collaboration – work on documents at the same time with colleagues.
- File retrieval – securely store the correct versions of documents, and easily access them through search facilities.
- Key performance indicators (KPIs) – present company or department KPIs, and easily update and share them.
- Workflows – trigger automated workflows across SharePoint and other Office 365 applications to make work easier, and the outcomes more certain.
Acora typically deploys Microsoft SharePoint Online using an Office 365 subscription, to provide an online portal suitable for storing documents & tasks. SharePoint 2016 on-premise is also available.
A typical deployment includes the following features of SharePoint:
- Online SharePoint deployment
- Creation of bespoke portal to store company documents, such as the following:
»» general documents
»» health & safety documents
»» environmental documents
»» quality documents
- User tasks
- Document management
- Task management
- Team sites
- Workflow and KPIs
Acora can provide a consultant to run an onsite workshop. The aim of the workshop is to gather all of your businesses requirements, and conclude how much work is required for each deliverable.
The outcome of the workshop will be a document describing expectations, Acora’s deliverables for the solution, design of the solution, estimated timeline for delivery and any associated commercials.
Typical outcomes of a SharePoint deployment are:
- The ability to keep controlled versions of key documentation within the portal.
- The facility to set-up alerts for key members of staff when a document is reviewed or renewed.
- Capabilities to easily assign tasks to users and monitor users task output.
- Improved accessibility to the application.
- The ability to replace existing systems that are complex, and do not meet business needs around documentation & tasks.
International callers please use: +44 20 3974 8812
22 Tudor Street, London, EC4Y 0AY
Acora House, Albert Drive, Burgess Hill, West Sussex RH15 9TN
Pegasus House, 1 Cranbrook Way, Shirley, Solihull B90 4GT